Barefoot 1

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

All Grown Up...well, sort of

My baby boy turned 1 today!  He got his 3rd haircut yesterday.  He started toddling around with our walking toy.  He's walking along the furniture more and has discovered cabinets.  He is my 2nd heaviest baby at 1, even after all that fuss about him not gaining weight fast enough.  We are transitioning to milk, which he loves much better than the formula he had for about 1-2 weeks.  He is in the screaming stage right now, so he screams a VERY high pitched scream a LOT!  He doesn't have to be mad/cranky, he just shrieks, and I will be glad to get him out of this phase.

Julia will be 3 in 2 weeks.  I still tell everyone she's 2, but if someone asks my kids' ages I would say 1, 2, 5 and 6, but really it's basically 1, 3, 5, 6.  It's just so weird to say she's 3.  I can't wait to see how tall she is when we go to the doctor in a few weeks.  She talks ALL THE TIME!!!  We decided to get her a preschool program so she has something specific to do while the girls are doing their work.  She will start Cubbies when school starts.  She is mostly potty trained (has an occasional accident, takes naps with no diaper, will some days stay dry overnight.

Bekah has been very vocal about her thoughts lately, usually in a rather rude manner, so she's been doing lots of thinking about her tone of voice and her words. She is looking forward to kindergarten and being old enough to do kids choir this fall and playing soccer with her sister again this year.  She was learning to ride her bike, but forgot and is now scared and difficult to convince to continuously pedal so she doesn't fall over.  She gives up and heads straight for the nearest exit off the road.

Rachel is changing a lot.  She has lost several teeth and her front 2 are finally coming in.  We all made it to the dentist and they didn't say anything about her mouth, so I guess we"re ok.  I'm hoping Rachel still enjoys school this year and I'm praying that I have the diligence to do the things I have scheduled for us to do and to have patience with her when she gets frustrated and wants to quit or not try.  She is determined to try out for a speaking part this fall with kids choir.  I'm not sure how that's going to go, but I will try to stay positive.

No comments: