Barefoot 1

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Laziness

I saw a post on Facebook recently that included a link to a friend's blog.  Granted, it was my friend's wife who write's the blog, but the blog is about their life together.  My friend is currently in seminary and has been a youth pastor for the past several years.  They are currently foster parents with the intention of adopting.  Some of the stories they tell make me very blessed to have 4 healthy children.  We had a small glimpse of what it might be like for us to have a child with medical needs. Our needs were small and wouldn't require monetary commitments long term.  God could have chosen to give us a child with heavy medical needs, but hasn't.  I'm not sure my emotional state could handle it.

On with it you say? Well, on their blog they made a huge list of things they needed to do to their home to be ready for fostering kids.  They did lots of work, they both have jobs, and now they have kids to take care of and both have jobs.  In order to make their house run, they don't seem to have much time to relax.  I, on the other hand, choose to ignore my household responsibilities and have dirty dishes, a pile of laundry to fold and another large pile of clothes that need washing. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, toilets, showers, the yard, garden, school, cooking.  Who has time for it all?

The one thing I do know is that my spiritual gift is NOT service.  On the days that I am active and get several chores done I am exhausted!  I don't know if it's because I have 4 young children and trying to raise them is exhausting and adding in household chores is just more on top of that or if I'm just not cut out for serving others day and night.  I feel really lazy some days and flat out tired other days.  Maybe I should get a check up to make sure my iron isn't low or maybe that my thyroid is working properly.  If all is well, then I need to dig deeper into relying more on God's strength and mercy than my own.  I probably should rely on Him more as it is.  I'm hoping that since this is on the internet that I will be more inclined to follow through and not just put if off like our house projects.

Please pray for our family as summer winds down and get back into the grind of having Jeff gone during the day and parenting 4 kids and homeschooling.

Proverbs 15:19 "The way of the lazy is as a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway."

No comments: