Barefoot 1

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vacation!

We had an amazing time on vacation!  It was the BEST!  I'm not sure if I can say all I want to say about it, but I will get to that.  First, some things that have been on my mind.

1. We don't have cable.  The major networks have sub-channels that we get to watch and I'm obsessed (in a fun, not creepy sort of way) with their shows.  It's almost like having HGTV and the Food Network in 1 channel.  Anyway, so my favorite show is Knock It Off.  These 2 amazing Christian ladies from the northeast have a blog and it got made into a show.  It's a little like Trading Spaces, only with whatever budget you give them.  Their blog has lots of DIY ideas, and it got me thinking that I want to maybe tell people some of my ideas/things that I accomplished.  Only problem is, I don't do anything very exciting often enough to blog about it.

2. I have neglected my parental duties to send out a birth announcement for Nathan.  Am I going to regret this one day, probably.  I may have to go make a birth announcement and send it with this year's Christmas card, which hopefully gets out before last year's card that didn't go out until May!  Yes, I said May.  They were (mostly) ready in December, but we didn't make it to the post office.  To make matters worse, I had written a note to a family friend who is very sweet and had been battling MS as long as I've known her and she died at the end of April, before the letters went out.

3. When I plan something, or look to buy things online, I usually research it to death.  I probably read the same websites several times through.  We just got back from Walt Disney World and I feel like I have plenty of wisdom to give, but not nearly like those who have been several times and know all of the short cuts.  I may write other posts about our experience, even if it's with the hope that we may return in a few years when our kids are a bit older.  It will still be difficult to do Disney with 4 kids and only 2 adults, but nothing like toting an infant most of the day, a toddler who is always talking, whining, or crying about something, and 2 others who could ride most rides, but probably wouldn't.  \

4. Have I mentioned that it's summer?  It's already 1/2 over and going by WAY too fast.  We volunteered to teach in July at church because our schedule was fairly empty, but knowing us, our July has filled up.  Jeff has 3 days of work, a 3 day marriage conference, a 3-4 day coaching school/vacation, Nathan's birthday, and freshman camp.  It may not seem like much, but when you have a long list of projects to do at home, it would be nice to have full days to tackle some of these projects, so you can take a break.

Disney was amazing!  We didn't have enough time to see everything, but hopefully we can make it back someday and see the things we missed and make new memories.  There are  hundreds of pictures, but my parents have most of them.  We also spent a week at the beach.  It was very nice to relax and enjoy a slower pace while still on vacation and not at the upbeat pace of trying to see everything at Disney.  We ate a couple of meals in Seaside even though we were staying in Seacrest.  It was all very nice, and it wasn't super busy.  I've never been to Destin, but I hear there are lots of people around this time of year.  I will post more of our Disney experience later with some tips/advice that go along with it.




No comments: