Barefoot 1

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nurse for a Day

In the past I have worked as a substitute school nurse as a way to get out of the house, earn some money, and use some of my nursing skills.  This year I did not work for a number of reasons:

1. moved far enough away from family to make it really difficult to have them babysit starting at 7:15
2. We added a fourth to our brood
3. Our oldest started Kindergarten and I was unsure of how that would go with a new baby in the house.

This week I got to volunteer with our old church as they serve the kids of East Plano.  Plano Bible Chapel has teamed up with other churches in the area to bring Pine Cove's Camp In The City to kids who might not otherwise get to go to camp.  It's a great program you can read about here.

I enjoyed getting to be a nurse for a change.  I enjoy being a nurse when I can.  Sadly, I don't get to work the whole week because of our schedule, but it would be fun.  It's really amazing to see the love of God shared with local children through multiple churches working as one.  It was also fun to see familiar faces.

Pine Cove is an excellent camp with many different kinds of programs for all ages.  Check it out if you get a chance.

No comments: