Barefoot 1

Monday, September 21, 2009

Loco in La Cabeza

Well, apparently I'm a pretty busy woman as some of you noticed in Lots to Do, but I'm gearing up for a very big weekend as the Junior High as part of the rest of the church serves and prepares for our HUGE outreach event called Chili Con Carnival. This is the 4th time we've held this event and we're expecting it to be bigger than it was 2 years ago. The last time it took place there were at least 1200 people and we're expecting approximately 1500 this year! I know it seems crazy, but it's the biggest way our church has chosen to say thank you to the community for being so gracious to us over the years.

I'm in charge of the Junior High's Serve and Play Day (SPD) and am thrilled about getting 6th-8th graders ecxited to serve others. Some of the things I have planned I hope they will remember. Jeff tells me to not get my hopes too high, because more than likely I'll remember the day more than they will because of all the work I've put into it. I did discover that one of the games I want to play will take more planning and extra work up at church on Friday in order to be ready by Saturday morning. I guess we'll be driving to Plano almost every day this week!

The weather has been nice and cool, though it rained almost every day for more than a week and it made most of us a little stir crazy and needed to do something to get the energy out. I've had today to do some of my chores and enjoy a day without the girls, but I'll be picking them up soon. I hope they've had fun because it hardly feels like I've had any time to get things done.

Can you believe Rachel will be 2 in 27 days? The time has flown by and we look forward to having many more years with her. She's got big shoes (and socks) to fill! :)

No comments: