Barefoot 1

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Awaited Day

Last week we gave Rebekah her first food. It seems to have been a little early, because she spit most of it out and wanted to grab everything around her and chew on it. She's had cereal on a few subsequent occassions with a little better luck, but we're taking it slow.


I'm sure the problem is that I bought cereal for a good deal and I've been anxious to give her food, though I'm not sure why. One of these days I'll have the patience to wait for the great things in life instead of jumping the gun, but not sure when that will be.
On a fun note, I tried to french braid Rachel's hair a couple weeks ago. It could have been better, but it didn't turn out too bad after a little frustration. It didn't last once we got in the car. If anyone has an idea of how to prevent hair from getting messed up while riding in the car I'm open to suggestions.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day. The girls are going to spend a day or two with Nana and Papa, and I am anxiously awaiting time without the girls. The beginning of the school year has been more stressful than I anticipated and I am looking forward to spending time without them. Hopefully I'll be more grateful for them and in a better mood when they return. Don't labor too much!

1 comment:

H Noble said...

Growing up, growing up! No, don't rush it!!!

Cute french braid- I never learned to do that. And no tips on hair in the car. Eli's is all pretty and combed and when I get him out of the car, the back looks like a rat's nest.