Barefoot 1

Monday, September 14, 2009

Loads of Laundry

Do you know how when laundry day comes there's this looming feeling that things are about to get really messy and take over your house? Well, if you do laundry like I do, you understand. I'm not really feeling like laundry is a daunting task, even though I dislike doing it each week.

I will say, that I'm glad I managed to do some laundry (some is still washing), folded it, did most of the dishes, made dinner, fed my children, exercised (it was only walking, but at least we got out in this rainy weather), gave the girls a bath, and managed to get in a LITTLE me time.

What I'm really talking about are all the items on my "To Do" list. I've been put in charge of a Junior High activity, that I didn't realize I was in charge of until Saturday night when I couldn't sleep. Instead of organizing just part of said activity, I'm also in charge of the other 2/3 of it. By the way, I am a little excited about one of the games I have started planning!

Just to give you an idea of what's on our schedule for the next little while, the following are on the list:

(for those of you that work and do these sorts of things on a daily basis I praise you, but I'm not one to function well on a busy schedule, and also feel as if time is flying by and will be in need of some oxygen sometime in the near future)

Every Tues: Bible Study (I lead the group)
Every Wed: JRH
Sat: Work day at church, small group
Sun: Teach 3-4 yr olds w/ JRH girls, leader's mtg, parent meeting
Sat: JRH activity, prep work for church carnival
Sun: church, carnival prep, more carnival prep, organize JRH kids during said carnival, clean up carnival (do you get the picture?)
Mon: Jeff open house (no Dad all day), father-in-law's birthday (Happy Birthday by the way)
Thurs: Jeff Birthday
October: several birthday's occur
Rachel's 2nd birthday in about 1 month!
Sat: more church stuff, small group
Sun: more church stuff
Next wknd: men's retreat
Next wknd: small group
Next weekend: JRH activity
Next weekend: The return of the long lost (sort of) brother and sister-in-law and MY NEPHEW!

If any of our devoted readers would like to come hang out with us, Friday night is probably the most available day of the week, and since we're football fans, you may need to check to see if we'll be at the Rockwall football game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel really busy, and that we are heavily involved in what's going on at the church, which is causing some anxiety. I must find a way to care for my home, children, husband, and fulfill all of my responsibilities. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if/when I actually get to start working 1 or 2 days a week. I guess we're leading a busy life and we only have 2 toddlers. I can't imagine what life will be like when they start doing school activites!

No comments: