Barefoot 1

Monday, June 22, 2009

Long Week

Well, Day 1 of 5 Day Clubs is over. It went really well. I guess the good thing is that it's not at my house. We had 22 kids come today. I'm very excited to see what the Lord does through these children this week.

As the title mentioned, it's going to be a long week. Jeff has soccer camp every morning and as soon as he gets home Rebekah and I go to 5 Day Clubs, and we have something every night of the week except for tonight. I don't know if I can function! Well, we sort of signed up for this, so we should be prepared. Another thing complicating the week is that Rachel cut another tooth, so she's not exactly the happiest camper on the planet. After this week we'll be going on vacation for 5 days and then on to Camp Baranabas for a week of serving others with the youth group from our church. Some day our life will slow down, but I'm not really sure when that will be.

If you're thinking of us there are a few things you could pray about if you so choose:

1. Time to do our housework, laundry, packing, unpacking, and repacking
2. Wisdom when our patience runs low (with wisdom comes patience-it's in Proverbs somewhere)
3. Safe travel (see Pulling a "Lehmann" post if you're curious)
4. Pray that Rebekah will be comfortable with continuing breastfeeding after our trip
5. Pray for the youth on our trip that they will make it through the week and understand the expanse of God's love and compassion
6. That the girls' routines aren't too upset by all the schedule and scenery changes
7. Good visits with family and friends on our vacation

If I think of others, I'll post them somewhere if you'd like me to.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day to the father in my house, as well as our Dads!


No comments: