Barefoot 1

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lo and Behold

Well, the other morning I happened to get a look into Rachel's mouth and what did I see? A new tooth had poked it's way through her gums and she has a new tooth. She never lets you put your finger in her mouth to check for items she shouldn't have in her mouth or even just the random check for a new tooth. Since I knew she had a tooth, I stuck my finger in her mouth just to see if it was real. Lo and behold, it was! Today as I was writing in her baby book, and since she cuts teeth pretty close together, I decided to check one more time while I had the book out. She still didn't like me messing around in her mouth, but lo and behold, ANOTHER TOOTH! Two teeth in one week! I guess she's halfway through cutting her 2 year molars! Maybe we'll have a mild terrible twos since she won't be cutting teeth?!

We have even more news. On TuesdayJeff's brother called saying they were going to the birthing center. After several agonizing hours, and some sleep, we got the news that lo and behold we have a baby nephew!! We are ecstatic to have a nephew and to finally be Uncle Jeff and Aunt Teri. I'm sure our girls also love that they now have a cousin. We have a friend who had 4 or 5 children before those kids had a cousin. Well, he's 8 lbs and looks a lot like Jeff's brother Chad. You can see their blog to the right under Strangers in a Strange Land.

Only 2 days left of 5 Day clubs and then we're off to galavant the countryside (Megan's words!). We hope everyone is staying cool and able to enjoy the summer (or winter if your in New Zealand :) ).

No comments: