Barefoot 1

Friday, December 4, 2009

Late night phone calls

...or should I say early morning phone calls. The past 2 mornings and Wednesday afternoon, I have been receiving a phone call for a job offer for some stranger. The automated voice says they are calling to offer a job for Tari (long i) Laymoan? Knowing that this isn't my name I push 2 to have them not call me again today. Well, 5 AM Thursday, we get a call from the same number and a weird recording on the voicemail. They call at 6 AM again and I have my phone this time, so I push 2 to not call again.

Friday morning 5 AM....another call! I almost make it to the phone this time and after I listen to the voicemail, I begin to wonder...

Are these calls really for me and could it be the Aesop system for substitutes? By 6AM we figure out that, yes, it's really MY name they are saying. Our only conundrum is that I don't have knowledge of what my password is to prevent the 5 AM phone calls. After a couple phone calls, I found out that I'm supposed to have this said information in an email I was expecting but never received. This information is apparently floating out in cyber space somewhere! Let's just hope that I can get this straightened out so I don't have to be awakened at 5 AM every morning. Some of us need our sleep!

For those of you who don't know, I have been going through orientation and waiting to become a substitute nurse for the school district Jeff works for. Apparently, I've succeeded and am in their substitute system, but boy would I like to stop getting strange phone calls early in the morning.

No comments: