Barefoot 1

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Long fall

Happy Thanksgiving all. I had grand plans to get onto facebook and our blog to write about our interesting experience here in East Texas. We spend Thanksgiving at my (Teri) grandmother's house with my Dad's family. I was getting ready to take Rebekah out of her high chair after eating dinner and I took the tray off. As I turned around to set it out of the way Rebekah fell out of the high chair to the floor!

I must interject that she was buckled into the high chair when I left her. She also fell onto carpeted flooring and somehow managed to fall between the corner of the bench and the corner of the table. As I picked her up I realized that yes she was buckled in, but the buckle wasn't attached to the chair. When I put her into the chair there was nothing that would alert me to the fact that the buckle wasn't attached. She screamed for at least 15 minutes and we tried to put an ice pack on her face. We soon discovered that her poor nose was rather swollen.

We made the decision to take her to the ER. After we started driving she was quiet most of the way to the hospital. Whene we got to the hospital, we realized that the high chair buckle was still attached to her. Thankfully, the ER has an express care for lower level traumas and we are hoping the bill we receive will be smaller than that of a regular ER visit. The conclusion of the visit was that she just has a bruise on her nose. We stopped by the drug store on the way home, giving her Tylenol as we drove and were home by 7:30.

I'm not sure if I want to post any pictures of her bruised nose, but here's one of her and one of the family.


No comments: