Barefoot 1

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Left Behind

On Christmas Day I lost my dear Aunt Grace who fought a losing battle with cancer. She left behind a loving husband and 12 year old son. There's no doubt that they are grieving and may have a tough time coping in the next several months and I can't imagine what Christmas will be like next year for them, but we'll definitely be praying for them in the coming days. Thankfully she was a believer and is in heaven with my brother, enjoying the presence of God. We are thankful for the lessons she taught us and for sharing her life with us. We were blessed by her.

After David died, Grace's son (then 6 yrs old) said that David was getting to go to church with Jesus that early Sunday morning. It put a smile on our sad faces that day. A similar thing was said of Grace while we were there, saying she got to celebrate Jesus' birthday with Him instead of here on earth.


All my life my mom has called me Grace by mistake over and over again. It's just fitting that while we were in town for her memorial service, mom called me Grace. I turned around and said, "I'm not Grace." Most of me hopes that she'll keep calling me Grace so that in that moment I will be able to remember her life and smile.

No comments: