Barefoot 1

Monday, November 4, 2013

Lump Sum

Things in life aren't fair. Do you remember telling your kids that life isn't fair for the first time? I don't. I'm sure I've said it before, but it probably didn't have anything to do with an injustice happening outside of our home. Over the past year my husband has been under attack. It doesn't seem fair, and it isn't, but change happens and new people come in to replace them. This part of life that isn't fair involves politicking with his bosses who seem to not like him and his former boss that hired him is no longer working for the school, so now there is no one to stick up for him but me. I've decided that since one of his bosses was new, I was going to send him an email. It is still sitting in my mailbox so that it can be sent at the appropriate time to coincide with other events involved in this process. My husband loves his job and respects his bosses appropriately. He even loves teaching. He comes home at least once or twice a week and tells me about the interactions between him and his students or the experiments he's been practicing and doing with them. Because of events that happened during the last school year, my husband is teaching the lower performing students. In his 5 class period, he is technically teaching 8 classes, and last week they added 2 more, but he never sees those students. They are now his responsibility, but he doesn't teach them or give them any kind of assignments. Sorry for getting sidetracked, on with my story. He is enjoying teaching, and he has his typical students that give him fits, or want to purposely fail his class, or just plain don't like school and it doesn't matter how interesting you make the class. There are also students who won't like him. I remember having a few teachers I didn't like that other students did. I think he's doing a great job and I just pray that his bosses have/get an accurate view of who he is. I also want anyone who reads this blog to be in prayer for him.

No comments: