Barefoot 1

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Looking up

Well, after the chaos and awfulness that was Monday, the rest of the week was much improved. Jeff stayed home on Tuesday, ran a few errands, I helped our church's after school program, and we had a quiet evening. We made pilgrim crafts and decorated for Christmas for our party happening on Sunday. We had friends over on Friday and had 6 kids running around our house. It was great! We are planning a brief getaway for our family just before thanksgiving and we are looking forward to it. Getting out of the house with just our family and going out of town just to relax.  Of course it's supposed to rain and be super cold, so we won't be venturing out in the weather much, but hopefully we are able to entertain the kids and keep them occupied for 2 days.

I'm praying that all of these positive things indicate an improvement on the up and up and that after a week of Jeff not having to go to work and the holidays coming up, we are getting to a new healthy normal.

I have heard a few things or had people ask me questions and I just go, "Really?"  Questions like are you going to homeschool through 12th grade? I'm not sure what my response to them should be. Or for others who say, this is what happened to this person in a situation like yours. I'm not that person. I guess that's just a couple of the things that I heard that just bugged me a little this week.

No comments: