Barefoot 1

Monday, November 18, 2013

Life's Callenges

Everyone deals with different challenges in life. For the past seven years, we have dealt with my emotional roller coaster. I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for almost all of our married life. This has created a difficulty in my hormonal stability and makes life a bit rough at times. With some of the kids I have had some postpartum depression. Lately I have been feeling very angry and frustrated, but I don't know why. Today after a pretty calm start to our morning, (we were going to be kind of crafty and do a couple of projects) a few small kinks in my plan made me really upset and threw my whole day off kilter. I'm hoping I can stop allowing the little things to become big things or just making them big things when they don't really matter much.

In previous posts I had written about being lonely and not being able to talk to many people about struggling. In the homeschooling world I feel as if I'm not cut out for the job of teaching my kids because I am a perfectionist and I'm trying to be more creative and letting things go. Now this doesn't mean we stop disciplining. Through all of this I had forgotten about a good friend of mine that had dealt with postpartum depression and I haven't been doing a good job of keeping in touch with her. I think I have found someone who might take my calls that understands what I'm going through. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.  Maybe I will also start to make friends locally that we can get to know better that will encourage us in our walk that we can do life with. I'm off to get some sleep, because I think lack of sleep might be part of the problem. Night, night.

1 comment:

JNoble said...

We weren't designed to live life alone. Man wasn't alone in the garden. I struggle with this almost weekly. So I feel your pain, albeit differently as a man. So be encouraged. Be bold. And be purposeful. God has authentic community for us. It is how he designed it.