Barefoot 1

Monday, January 25, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

Well, we're not quite to life in the fast lane, but we've come close in the month of January. January is tournament month in high school soccer. Over the last 2 weeks, Jeff has been gone on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, as well as Saturday morning for soccer games. We are also out of the house on Wednesday nights, so this doesn't leave much time for anything.



Last weekend we also had small group on Saturday night and I went to the Camp Longhorn Carnival in Dallas, where I got to visit with my aunt and uncle. It was such a good time as always, but it did cut a few things close since Jeff and I were both out of the house until shortly before we needed to leave for our small group. Rachel did like playing the games. If she ends up going to camp, she'll have lots of merits before she even gets there. I left my children a few merits, and if they give them David's merits, well, then they are raking in the orange! (Merits that is) We have to start a Camp Longhorn folder now so that we can keep up with all the carnival cards.



I have also managed to schedule something everyday this week. Jeff and I are went on a date last night. I had Bible study today, but thankfully Jeff doesn't have a game scheduled. We have youth group on Wednesday and I'm meeting a friend during the day. I get to WORK on Thursday and I'm meeting another friend on Friday.



I'm really excited about starting to work in the schools. I got 3 offers today to work. 2 were for this week and one is further down the road, but an opportunity none the less. I'm looking forward to this new chapter in life where I get to work

No comments: