Barefoot 1

Friday, May 15, 2009

Lookin' Good

Okay, so I was looking through our pictures to see if I could find inspiration in something to write on the blog and came across this picture.





So, this picture doesn't have any special significance, except Jeff got Rachel to sit on the ball just for the purpose of taking a few pictures and she actually obliged him. The shirt in the picture did remind me of how frustrated I was when we were trying to find a big sister shirt.

It was very frustrating because nearly every store we looked in only had "Big Sister" shirts that started in 2T sizes. Well, since Rachel was only 9 or 10 months old when we were looking, we didn't think a 2T would fit. I thought they should make the shirts smaller, because people sometimes have kids closer together than every two years. Since I was pregnant and all, I was a little upset that we were either going to buy a shirt that was too big or find a shirt in a specialty shop that would cost more money than I was willing to spend.

Of course, in hindsight I realize that I'm really glad we bought the cheaper bigger 2T shirt, because Rachel was able to wear the shirt to the hospital to meet Rebekah. Had we chosen to buy the smaller shirt just for the purpose of telling our families, we would have had to either buy another shirt for her to wear to the hospital, or do without.

Not to get all spiritual or anything, but I really like how my friend Kara thinks. She sometimes tells me that of course she makes plans for her life on a daily, weekly, and sometimes yearly basis, but God's plans don't always match up with hers. Her plans might have been good, but God's plan is ALWAYS better. She might end up going in an opposite direction than she thought she would go, but it's usually the right one.

I was thinking about that in terms of where I am and my life around me. I'm probably not doing what I thought I would be doing, but I hope I'm doing what God has called me to do.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Good thoughts indeed! And Eli is wearing a couple of 2T shirts that I thought would swallow him and they are just right. Go figure.

H Noble said...

Well, I know I already commented on this post, but I love the new blog look!