Barefoot 1

Monday, October 21, 2013

Lifeline

My husband is always joking/complaining that I am addicted to my computer and I probably am. I usually am on my iPod, my desktop, or stealing my husband's laptop when he is home, which is what I'm doing now. My day today consisted of frustration, overeating because of the frustration and overall malaise. I'm not sure if it's a postpartum issue or the fact that I don't interact much with adult females. I have been trying to be out of my comfort zone and call someone when I am overwhelmed by the filthiness that is my house or frustrated by my 4 1/2 year old that is unable to keep her pants/panties/dresses/shorts/and sometimes shirts dry. She'd had 3 accidents by noon, and that was after I took her stinky overnight diaper off of her around 8:30. I was behind. I went to bed early last night instead of staying up with my Bible study and planning this week's school lessons. I still am, and I doubt I will catch up this week. We were supposed to have a homeschool field trip tomorrow that got cancelled because the scheduling people at the arboretum dropped the ball. It's very sad, so now I am going on a field trip with just my family and no adults to talk to. I have a lot to say. I had a baby almost 3 months ago and I no longer live kind of close to any of my friends, so I just need to talk. I mentioned in my last post that no one talks at Bible study. When talking about prayer requests several people just say "unspoken." I don't have a clue how long it's been since I've heard that term, but it's been a while. Now, I understand that God hears all our prayers, but is God really supposed to know what "Jane's" unspoken request is? What if she's had 5 different unspoken requests with 3 different groups on 4 different days. How is God supposed to know which one we're talking about? Couldn't it just be that you're too embarrassed to mention it out loud, or afraid it will hurt your pride, or maybe you think someone in the room will go tell someone else? I thought Bible study is a safe place to mention our problems and let others pray with us and help us through them. Things that are said there, stay there, kind of like Las Vegas. Not that I would know because I've never been, really. I'm sure God really does know about these unspoken requests, but He wants us to be specific, because He wants to give us our desires. Jeff's (husband) cousin went on a girls weekend with some of her friends and I was thinking I need to do that. I really need girl time. Usually the only time I get away for a weekend is for a women's retreat, which is great and all, but I'm thinking I need a weekend to just get away with the girls, just to talk and do nothing, and that includes no television. I doubt that will ever happen, because like one of the ladies from our homeschool group said, if I ever get a couple of days to get away, I'm going with my husband. Isn't that so true, but I just really need girl time. I'm not getting it, and somehow my husband thinks that I'm connecting with people on Facebook (God love him). Facebook is not a means of making real connections. Maybe tomorrow I will vent about my lack of exercise and how that (and my overeating) is contributing to my malaise and clear lack of motivation.

No comments: