Barefoot 1

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Long Time Coming

Well, it's clearly been a long time. I think facebook, twitter, and instagram took over for blogging. I know there are blogs out there still active because I find them on pinterest regularly in my search of new recipes, hints about homeschooling, insider information about trips to Walt Disney World (WDW) and others. Where should I start? We had planned to go to WDW this past summer with my parents who had a conference to go to, but God decided to change our plans and give us a son instead! I (Teri) gave birth to Nathan Earl Lehmann on July 29th and he is a cutie! It was a little weird having a boy at first, but he hasn't peed all over the place like I've been told. It's only happened 4 times on my watch (not including baths of course), and I swear my girls would pee without a diaper on a lot more than he has so far. He's super sweet and a pretty content and happy character. He sleeps really well, which I love! The girls are getting bigger and we have been homeschooling the past (almost) 2 years. I can't believe Rachel will be 6 tomorrow. Julia turned 2 in August, and if her height is accurate and she really reaches double her height at 2, which will be 6'2"! Crazy tall! Of course I was supposed to be 5'5" and look how that turned out (I'm shorter). Bekah is just Bekah. She has a personality all her own, stubborn and bull-headed, but she has the heart of a servant at her core. She will be able to do anything she sets her mind to if she can channel that strong will in the right direction. Since we lived in a fairly small house, we moved! We were planning on moving closer to church without moving too far from Jeff's job. Just in case, we also kept our eyes on homes in Rockwall. Most of the homes in the area of our church were too expensive or too small, or both. Rockwall had some decent prices occassionally, but they were usually tiny yards, or needed too much updating for the price. One day I panicked and looked on the other side of Jeff's work in Forney. The first house I saw was perfect and a decent price per square foot. We ended up buying in Forney, but not the house I wanted, it was the house I nearly discarded because there was a view of the middle school football field from the house. So far, the lights haven't bothered us, and you rarely hear the crowd. We even get peewee football games on Saturday night that we watch occassionally from the upstairs window, or we at least check the score. Because I went crazy and we decided to move to Forney, we have had to put ourselves out there. We have found a church we like, have joined a small group, and are starting to find friends. The big girls are playing soccer and we joined a homeschool group. We have been hearing about lots of families in town that homeschool and have met several of them. They just don't seem to live in our neighborhood. I feel very alone and isolated. I go to Bible study, but we don't eat food, no one talks. They only mentioned their names once, so I don't know many of them. Of course there are only 14 total if they all show up and we are usually finished 15-30 minutes early for a 2 hours Bible study and Beth Moore talks for an hour. People are starting to chat with us at small group, but it still feels a little like we're the visitors. It seems so weird that we've been gone from our other church for 4 months. It feels like forever and like it was just yesterday at the same time. We're busy most days of the week and yet I feel like I'm stuck inside all the time. Not sure when this feeling will end.

No comments: