Barefoot 1

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lost in the Wilderness

At the end of the school year, Jeff and his good friend Jason went backpacking in New Mexico just north of Santa Fe. I left with the girls to go work at Camp Longhorn on Wednesday and the guys left on Thursday morning. They stayed the night in Santa Fe and left for the trail head on Friday morning. On Saturday they hiked up to one of the peaks that they were trying to get to. They climbed most of the way on their hands and knees. I even got a phone call from the peak! It was great to hear from him, and a day earlier than I expected.


Unfortunately, Jeff didn't feel very well most of that day. For this and other reasons, they cut their trip a day short. I was very grateful, since I'd been at home taking care of the girls for 3 days. They did come home with some great pictures.





No comments: