Barefoot 1

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lack of Inspiration

(Warning: long post ahead)


I've had a rough couple of months. We've been a little busy and I've been working more often, which leaves less time for me to write on the blog. Like the title of the post, I've felt like nothing exciting or worth reporting was going on in our lives. To some extent that's true, but now that I'm sitting here, I could have told you about:

- Jeff going on a backpacking trip Thursday
- Since Jeff's going backpacking, we have worked out more and have used our baby backpack quite a bit and even got a 2nd one recently so we can both get a good workout
- Our middle school trip to Rockin C Ranch
- Getting to spend time with some long-time friends of our at Rockin C Ranch

- Rachel talking up a storm and saying "Camp Longhorn, Attawaytogo" while holding her hands out in attempt to do the sign.
- Rachel saying "Horned Frogs" and her attempt at that sign, which looks more like ok or a partial Hook 'Em horns
- Now that I'm working, Rachel will often grab a bag or her shopping cart and say "I'm going to work" - it's so cute
- Rachel has no problem being bossy and taking on a role of being the 1st born child - we're working on her

- Rebekah has 16 teeth
- Some of her favorite things to do are play chase, play keep away/anything with her sister, going to see the ducks in the pond and saying "Quack, Quack" to them,
- Jeff and I will both tell you that she can say "giraffe", loves dogs and playing with them, still takes 2 naps each day, and loves anything with pasta and red sauce (which makes for a rather messy clean up)

- We had a garage sale in early May
- We helped our church with a garage sale as a fundraiser for the 2 BIG (expensive) mission trips this summer where they raised more than $7000!! Praise God!
- We bought a gas grill for Mother's/Father's Day with our garage sale
- Jeff got his bicycle up and running and he took the girls out a couple times on the bike trailer

- I'm in charge of our church's Vacation Bible School this year with 2 other women, which has kept me rather busy the past 2 months.
- Our summer calendar is rather busy. If you look at our computer calendar, there's something almost every day, and plenty of times when there's multiple things in a single day
- We just finished housesitting and watching Jeff's Grandpa for 1 1/2 weeks.
- We finally decided to go to Wisonsin/Illinois for the Mahachek family reunion and will be gone for almost 2 weeks in July

We have been so bad about not taking pictures. I got a new camera for Christmas that's small enough that I can take it with me and is almost always in my purse, and somehow I manage to not get it out and take pictures.

While housesitting, I read this book called the "Barnyard Dance" at least twice each day. My mother-in-law probably reads it to them each time the girls are over there. At first, Rachel was rather hesitant about doing the dance moves with the book, but now she does them willingly and excited most of the time. Bekah will even do the beginning. If you say "Let's read the Barnyard Dance," she gets a big smile on her face and starts stomping. The first three lines are "Stomp your feet, Clap your hands, Everybody ready for a barnyard dance." On the next page you bow to the horse and bow to the cow, and she'll bend over really far. That's about as long as you can keep her attention, but she's so cute when she does it.

I'm heading off to Camp Longhorn tomorrow in hopes of helping my aunt be less stressed about camp starting on Saturday and to enjoy myself a bit with the girls while Jeff is in New Mexico backpacking with his good friend Jason. Jeff leaves on Thursday morning. I will be back Friday night in time for my VBS meeting on Saturday morning and straight to pick up my mom and dad from the airport, who will be returning from Hawaii for their 30th wedding anniversary.

It seems like it's been really hot here lately, so I guess summertime is in full swing. We hope everyone has a great summer and gets to enjoy time with their family as we hope to do also.

1 comment:

H Noble said...

Well, that sounds like a lot! Hope you have a wonderful summer and enjoy all the time with family and friends. Girls are precious- good to see you guys at church.