Barefoot 1

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weight Gain

So, back in January I did a program called Whole 30 that I blogged about here and here. I felt good for a while, but after spring break, I think I became depressed again.  I had a hard time being involved with the kids in their schooling, despite the fact that we created a chore chart that they do each day.  It was a struggle.  Until recently when I became more active and then the girls followed suit, getting started each day was a big pain. I'm not a morning person and I've said on here that I don't like mornings. I'm not sure I've brought my Vitamin D levels back up yet because I feel tired most of the time still, or get tired after just short activities.

I have gained much of the weight back and have started another round of Whole 30 and just finished Day 4. Whole 30 has a timeline to help you understand that the way you are feeling on a certain day of the diet is pretty common across board for people on Whole 30. The last time I did this, I didn't feel quite so anxious and frustrated like the first few days after you quit anything addicting cold turkey.  I had my hangover on Day 1 instead of day 2-3. We will see how the rest of the days go.  The first time around wasn't too bad because I don't drink sodas or coffee. I do have a slight addiction to sugar, mostly because if there's sugar in the house I try to eat it quickly so I can get it out of the house, and because when I get mad, frustrated or angry, I eat, sometimes beyond my limits. I hope that with this next round, I will find a way to eat close to Whole 30 and be able to add in some non Whole 30 foods without going overboard.

The one thing I felt I did a little better at was going to bed at a reasonable hour. It's not exactly a reasonable hour right now, but I should still get 7+ hours of sleep if I finish this blog and go to bed.

No comments: