Barefoot 1

Friday, March 16, 2012

Lofty Goals!

Hi everyone,

I know some read our blog, and I would guess that those who read it also keep up with us on Facebook, so you may know about all of this, but please bear with me.

Soccer season has created a whirlwind at our house, as it usually does, and so we have all been quite busy. I took on sub jobs twice a week for the 3 weeks in January in the middle of soccer tournament season. I even worked on Friday twice! I will not make that mistake again, I hope. It caused some chaos and we ate out a LOT. I did plan ahead a little and had a few dinners in the freezer. We were hoping to do that again during spring break, but alas, we have had other things to do.

To date, Jeff's team is 16-0 on the season, but that includes scrimmages. Jeff and I looked through the games to see how many goals the other teams have scored on the JV Yellowjackets and found that others have only scored 3 goals against us ALL season. You read correctly, 3 goals. Now, if you want to take out scrimmages, they are 13-0 on the season with 1 goal scored against during the 3rd game of the season in a tournament!
Coach Lehmann and his team!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Jeff's team plays their in-town rival Heath tonight at 5:30. The last game might be the worst of all. I don't know if I can take it. I'm going to have to take some friends to the game with me to watch my kids so I can watch the game and take pictures!! A few games ago, the players began asking Jeff what he would do if they went undefeated the whole season. Eventually the idea of throwing a pie in his face. He has not agreed to anything, but suggested that pies thrown in the face are usually whipped cream pies. Jeff also overheard them the other day discussing bringing ice chests to the last game. For now Jeff seems content with the idea of getting freezing ice water dumped on him like a professional coach might get for a great season. I can't wait!! (for the games, not the ice water) I do plan on bringing an extra change of clothes for Jeff if they do win next Friday!! I know, I know, one game at a time. Do I dare mention that they beat this team 7-0 last time? It is Spring break, which means everyone is eligible to play, so who knows what tonight will look like.

My handsome husband and his girls after a game


No comments: